7:46 PM

Two Trips to the Sculpture Park, Ahhhhhhh

I made two trips to the Olympic Sculpture Park in the course of a single week. It was lovely. The first visit, with my awesome husband and our jam makin' second wife focused on the stunning water view.




Yes, those are mountains.


And this is Betsy. She makes jam and is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She recently ran her first 1/2 marathon.


Here she is staring at the lovely view.




My second trip to the sculpture park was with my lovely friend and ex-stand up comedian, Stacia. 


She spent the last six weeks in Peru and stopped in to our place for a visit before she moved to Oregon. I haven't seen her for about three years and it was so much fun. I forgot just how much I missed her company. Sniff.




Stacia and I walked around some of the actual sculptures in the park instead of just taking in the view (it was a bit cloudy while we were out and about). I like these big, rusted things. It's cool to walk inbetween these big structures. And I like the fact that their natural reaction to being outside - rusting - is an integral part of the art.




Here's some mini peoples walking around amidst the giant rust things.




And finally. I'm not sure where I saw this scrawled into the sidewalk - but I thought it was a good reminder so I stopped to take a picture.




And if you DO lose your soul - be sure you get something good in exchange like: ice cream, pizza, cheese, 1000 kittens and/or a vat of mashed potatoes.


Do you think it says something about me that 4 out of five items in that list are food. 


Yes, I think it does. Snicker. 

0 comments: