2:59 PM

Who Arted?

A few months ago, I was walking along in Georgetown, minding my own business, when I saw this sign.

I had to follow it. Of course. What's better than an art-covered fart joke? Nothing. I made my way to a place called The Stables -- a big lofty, garagey-type place with tons of jukeboxes and cool stuffs to look at. And of course, Art.

Well, a couple of weeks ago my new bARTer Sauce friend Staci emailed to let me know she was having a show at that same place. "Hot damn," I thought. Doug and I had been talking about trying to ride our bikes from downtown to Tukwila and this art show was a good half-way point where we could take a little break.

A much needed little break.

That is a hell of a ride people. I was a bit dazed by the time we reached our half-way point so my analysis of the art as "awesome" will have to suffice.

And !YAY! - there was beer!

(and water. Lovely, lovely water.) And there was one piece that I knew had to be mine. Mine, mine mine. And now it is. Mine, mine, mine. Mainly because it is an awesome piece, but also, in tiny part, because Staci spends her hard-earned money on Shower Arts.

You're right, it has nothing to do with that at all and everything to do with finding a way to put a link to my Shower Art store in this blog. You should check out Staci's website.

And catch her at her next show at the Alki Art Fair.

Saturday the 26th from 10AM to 7PM

She'll be across from something called "Spuds." It's surprising that I don't know what that is since I'm so obsessed with potatoes. I sense that I shall soon check it out. And check out the trade Staci made with bARTer Sauce. Did you just say, "What the hell is bARTer Sauce?" bARTer Sauce is an experiment in trading for art and odd objects.

There are three rules: 1. Everything I get, I trade for something else. 2. Everyone who trades with me has to tell me a story. 3. I'll never trade for an accordion.

Much love to you all.

4 comments:

StaySee said...

Thanks for the plug.

T.Allen said...

And beer?! I need to fix my bike and ride to this place! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Yes - beer. mmmmmmmmm

Unknown said...

art covered fart joke! hahahahahahahaha