11:44 AM

New Signs

Granted, new signage probably isn't what most girls go ga-ga and blog about. I'll give you that. For free. But Doug made the MOST hilarious signs to point people down to our studio on First Thursday for the Art Walk. That's just one -- they all have different sayings on each side. "If you don't buy art, the terrorists have already won." "WTF?!" "art art art art art art art art ART art art art art art" "I made this sign, you follow it. That's the deal." "Buying art makes you tough and handsome" They apparently worked and inspired hoards of folks to visit on First Thursday. It was a good night. They also inpired a little violence as I got into an altercation with some street youths who kicked over the sign that said "WTF?!" and then stomped up and down on it. I happened to see them and yelled, "Why would you do that?" -- that's the equivalent of "Keep off my lawn you pesky kids!" in street youth terms. And the head street youth (the one who kicked it over so the rest could jump up and down on it) said, "It seemed like fun." What could I say. He's right. It did look like fun.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy fun is what it is.

Anonymous said...

awww haha that is true though-- sounded like fun. wish i lived near a big city with fun indie and artsy things to do at any given point. too bad i live in the middle of bumblefart and some guy that talks like boomhower from king of the hill is my next door neighbor.... :-/ lol

LoveMeKnot Creations said...

happy to hear first night was good! great signs UB! :)

13 Delancey Street said...

And I can only imagine the translation for "Keep off the lawn you pesky kids." Love the blog (saw you in the Etsy forum).

P.S. Original said...

Great signs!

Sara said...

love the signs!

Sara said...

Glad you had a good arts walk crowd - your story bout the street youths made me all nostalgic for the days when I was a pesky street youth doing stuff merely cuz it seemed like fun. Did the attacked sign suffer any stomping damage or is it now just a little more artistic-looking?
I saw a couple of them in action (the signs - not the youths) on my way over Thursday and knew they were new to me but didn't know they were new new - good job Doug!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I like your . . . let's just call it attitude, shall we? It's pretty. So much so that I may have to come back here now and then to see what's pretty again. :)

Unknown said...

Great signs! I'm glad to hear of the hoards! :)