11:56 PM

Gremlins - the scariest movie I've seen

I don't watch scary movies. Or violent movies. I used to -- but not anymore. I just don't like the way they make me feel.
It never even crossed my mind that Gremlins is kind of a scary movie (if you're a total wus) but we went to see it tonight and I totally jumped more than once. It actually scared me. Multiple times. Gremlins. Yes, you heard me correctly. Gremlins. The movie. Gremlins. Yes. That's what I said. Gremlins scared me. You know -- Gremlins. The 1980's film about a robotic doll covered in fur that can't get wet or eat after midnight. No worries about all the snow though -- it takes place in winter and the Gremlins roll all around in the snow with no affect. Because snow isn't actually water apparently. Also -- Doug and I debated the "no feeding them after midnight" thing all the way home (we live less than a block away from the theatre so it wasn't a LONG conversation -- but still). Midnight? Midnight where? If they cross time zones do you go by the new time zone? And then how long after midnight is it until you can feed them again? AND -- it made me feel really old because one of the Corey's was in the movie -- and he's a SMALL CHILD. A Child. But yes, even after all that -- it still actually scared me.

4 comments:

Anji Gallanos said...

Funny..this movie has been on TV twice in the last month or so. I had forgotten how scary it was when I let my 6 & 8 year old start watching. We quickly changed the channel after the first wet Gremlin. I think it's still such a perfect scary movie.

T.Allen said...

Ya know...my 9 yo daughter was watching it this week and as I watched a few scenes over her shoulder I realized that it was different now-scarier even than it was when I saw it as a child. Hmm...I guess I've upped my wus factor in my old age!

Anonymous said...

I used to watch this when I was a child and it scared the hell out of me! I laugh at it now though..

illi said...

I LOVE THE GREMLINS!! Ahhh they are so cute until they got wet! Wait is that the right movie?.. I can't really remember if I was scared when I saw it... hmm maybe I'll go rent it tomorrow